Alexander McQueen and Vestiaire Collective Make It Easier to Buy Second-Hand High-End Fashion
- Luxury fashion brand Alexander McQueen has partnered with Vestiaire Collective, a digital marketplace for pre-owned luxury and designer fashion, to make its lightly worn clothing easier to buy second hand—a process known as ‘circular practice’ in the fashion industry.
- For the new program, a select group of clients will be contacted by a sales representative at Alexander McQueen to assess any used pieces the clients wish to sell.
- If deemed eligible, the clothing will be assigned a buy-back price and authenticated by Alexander McQueen; the client will then be issued with a credit note with which they will immediately be able to purchase new items from specified Alexander McQueen stores.
- Once processed by Vestiaire Collective, the used clothing will carry an external tag giving prospective new buyers access to information confirming the authenticity of the piece.
- The pieces will be available to purchase on a dedicated ‘Brand Approved’ page on the Vestiaire Collective app and site.